Header Ads

Turning a wooden bowl on a Table Saw! INCREDIBLE!



Today,we are going to make this ball and this is my first ball here and when I turn the outside everything went really well and then I I sanded it and then I flipped it over and then I did the inside that was a little bit more nerve-wracking because there was a lot of chattering going on and you can you see that all the chattering from the Saab Lee so I was turning the saw blade inside the ball really really slow it it took like a whole 10 or 15 minutes to turn this.

But because of the chattering and it was vibrating it was really nerve-racking it felt like an eternity so imagine you're holding to drill one hand and you're you're turning the saw blade into the bowl with the other hand and you got to go really really slowly, so I don't think I want to do this again but anyways everything went pretty good and then I had a lot of sanding to do to get rid of all the that shattering marks .

So, I had my drill spinning the bowl okay so I had this drill here and you see what happens when I let go to trigger it suddenly stops so I let go to trigger too fast and I had to drill on high speed here I had it on number two so I was really spinning fast and I let go to trigger too fast and his suddenly stopped and the two the two halves went flying so I barely had enough time to do it of sanding.

But luckily I had another piece of wood cut up so my second ball as you can see it turned out really nice so I did the outside again went really well the inside it felt like an eternity lot of chattering so when it came time to sand the inside of the ball it took a long time I had to start with 40 grit than 60 grit than 100 and I and I finished at 1500 grit.

That's why it's so smooth and then I put some some wiping varnish on it I'm probably gonna put another coat or two but anyways as you can see it turn out good there's a couple little little holes right here from when I had to screw in the flange.....
Watch This Video To Know More About "Turning a wooden bowl on a Table Saw"

No comments

Powered by Blogger.