Header Ads

Making your own Hose Clamps for Experimental aircraft




We're talking about hose clamps hose clamps are used in many areas of our home-built aircraft for engine cooling from a radiator fuel lines made of rubber and many other various needs for connecting tubing that transports air and fluids no matter how many clamps you have collected over time you never seem to have the right size available when you need one especially.

When you're in a hurry or in the middle of an emergency repair well there is a unique solution that may help create your own clamp for any size hose in a matter of minutes you can do it with a unique tool let's watch we sell a tool that allows you to make a clamp using wire we use stainless steel wire best way to go not the only way to do.

I'll turn it up to your gear driven types of hose clamps size fits all ten times stronger because what you're getting is a 360-degree equalized seal these are a few of the examples because this is a one size fits all we need to know how much wire you need to make that tool with easiest way is the directions will tell you is to go two times around whatever you're clamping and add 12 inches I use a piece of string.

Whenever I'm doing this four times around whatever I'm clamping and then I always add 12 inches which is the amount of wire you need to make that hook up to the tool then I use this as my guide to pull my wire out of the can when you have that amount of Meyer butt wedge measured you're going to take that wire fold it in half put a wire nut on the end.

While your nuts optional just controls those two ends when I make my two wraps first wrap once around under that cross wire I'm going to take that first wrap and what I'm going to do is hold it open and make my second wraps same way around again under the cross wire in the middle of the first wrap I'm going to Snug up on it to take the slack out of here I'm going to take the wire nut off I'm going to walk it around then to make sure nothing is twisted like this.

If it is walk it up and out I want everything on its respective sides then I take these two ends and I put them up into a V I'm going to grab my clamp type tool I'm gonna back the nut off to the end a little notch on top of that tool I'm gonna take that notch drop it in the cross wire like so hold my thumb on it to keep it there.

And then get control of what I'm working on I'm gonna take this one wire grab it give it a tug hold it over those two roll pins around and straight up I'm gonna do the same on the other side over the two roll pins around and straight up then I'm going to twist these two wires together.....

Watch This Video To know More AboutMaking your own Hose Clamps for Experimental aircraft "

No comments

Powered by Blogger.